Monday 28 June 2010

Snakes & Ladders

Today was definitely a snake day,

Which means I took a slide in the wrong direction.

Sliding backwards and landing with a bump always hurts,

Especially in a world where we like to move forward.

Looking up isn't always such a bad thing :)

Although I might be a few squares further back on the board,

There's no lasting damage and tomorrow is a brand new day.

I've got a new bruise to help me avoid making the same mistake,

And I also learned this for a fact:

No matter how big the snake,

It never takes you back to square one,

And it always leaves new ladders in front of you.

* * * * *

Have you ever had a snake day?
How did things start looking up for you?
Start a new conversation in a comment box below!

3 comments:

  1. i think we call it chutes and ladders ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jobs For 13 Year Olds30 June 2010 at 13:58

    nice posting. it's really helpful for me. thanks for share this.
    Jobs For 13 Year Olds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by again and sharing your thoughts!

    Best Regards

    Paul

    ReplyDelete