Tuesday 14 July 2009

Talking Redundancy/Layoff

“You’re younger than me so you wouldn’t understand.”

Your friend is right but if he thinks being younger means you don’t have career worries, he’s got a short memory.

The conversation between you continued.

“I’m looking over my shoulder at all these people younger than me. How can I compete with that?”

A short silence fell while both your minds raced.

His question went unanswered.


[Walking & Talking - see more at Saundra's Flickr Photostream here]


“I’ve been laid-off before but it's different this time. I just feel like my luck has run out.”

He finished talking.

You considered your reply.

You took a deep breath and started to speak, “...

How did you respond?

What would you have said to your friend in that conversation?

All the best for now,

Paul

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Previous posts on redundancy:

Norris's story: Redundancy/Layoff in a Team

More about redundancy and layoff

Redundancy: Is there a positive future?

Redundancy - A personal view

Alex's story - Redundancy/Layoff with a Positive Outcome

No comments:

Post a Comment